- Location: Caerphilly
- Job Type: Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Adult Services
- Category: Mental Health Support Worker
- Apply Now
Are you an experienced support worker? Are you passionate about supporting adults with learning difficulties and mental health issues? We currently have varied ad-hoc opportunities in and around the Caerphilly area
As a support worker, you will be working with others to support clients to fulfil their potential for independence, choice, inclusion and control. Other responsibilities include –
- To provide a supportive and flexible approach which enables clients to fulfil their potential for independence, choice, inclusion and control by positively enabling and empowering clients to achieve their aspirations for independent living.
- To plan and carry out activities ensuring that clients are supported in a personalized way considering their individual choices, aspirations and goals. Activities will include supporting clients to:
- maintain a clean, tidy and welcoming living environment.
- plan, shop and prepare wholesome meals alongside clients taking into account their choices and wishes.
- maintain their health and well-being by assisting them to arrange and attend medical appointments.
- enable clients to manage their own finances by developing appropriate budgeting and financial training giving support on an individual basis.
- maintain an active and supportive social life taking into account individual choices and wishes.
- support clients to access college courses, training and other day time activities.
- To attend staff meetings and other meetings as appropriate.
As a Support Worker you will be working as part of an innovative and compassionate team responsible for enabling people with various and complex support needs progress towards recovery, wellbeing and independence, through utilization of creative, flexible and outcomes-driven support planning and delivery techniques.
Find out more about this amazing role and apply by contacting Richard French on 02920 390 150 Option 1 or email email@example.com with your CV. Not for you, but you know the perfect person for the job? We offer £50 for every successful referral, call us to refer a friend.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 9th November 2021