- Location: Gloucestershire - South West
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Support Work
- Job Ref: JP
- Apply Now
New Directions are looking to recruit on behalf of our Client for a Support Worker in the Thornbury area.
Our client is looking to recruit a Support worker to join their team in their residential setting. Our client believes in a vision of holistic education, care and therapy whilst being committed to strong academic progress, as demonstrated through an incredible range of different activities in our adapted curriculum.
Some example of the role include:
- Accompany pupils to medical appointments as required
- Order and purchase food and other household supplies according to budgets with agreement of senior care staff
- Organise leisure and free time activities for pupils
- Write record all necessary information
- Communicate effectively with colleagues
- Pass on relevant information to night staff regarding pupils
- Manage pupils personal allowance
- Keep house clean and hygienic
You will need to have experience working with Adults or Children with learning disabilities and challenging behaviour. An NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social care or equivalent would be desirable but not essential.
Please contact New Directions Social Carefor more information on this job vacancy,on 0117 314 3512, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 10th April 2018