- Location: Bridgend - South Wales
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Support Work
- Job Ref: OS
- Salary: Between £8.00 - £8.20 per hour
- Apply Now
We are looking for a support worker to work on a flexible, temporary basis in a supported housing project in Bridgend. The project itself has been put in place to be able to allow tenants to live independently whilst receiving help and support as and when they may need it. Tenants all have their own bedrooms with living area and kitchen however they do share a communal area is the bathrooms. The tenants are aged between 25 and 65 and have housing related issues as well as mental health and substance misuse issues.
The desired worker for the job will have to be open to picking up a range of shifts that include days, waking nights and sleep over shifts.
The right candidate for the job will possess knowledge in the following key areas:
· Substance misuse.
· Mental health.
· Benefits system.
· Health and safety.
· Report writing.
· Excellent written and verbal communication.
· IT literate.
The role of a Support Worker
The duties of a Support Worker vary depending on the needs and wishes of the individual. They offer support for the individuals overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. They will support individuals with many aspects of everyday living; including physical, emotional and social.
Support Workers can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is often developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person who needs care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620190, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 19th December 2018