- Location: Somerset - South West
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Support Work
- Job Ref: CC
- Salary: Between £18,300 and £19,400 per year
- Apply Now
Are you driven by bringing out the best in others? Looking for a permanent role where you can develop your existing skills and grow with in a company?
New Directions are looking for an experienced Support Worker to join a unique, holistic school in a peaceful location in the Bristol area. The school is passionate about education and in providing the best opportunity for young people to develop their potential, real confidence and belief in themselves.
You will have:
- Experience of working with adults and children with learning difficulties
- Experience of working with individuals with challenging behaviour
- A positive attitude
- Confidence to meet difficult situations
- Ability to work with variety of colleagues and professionals from different back grounds
- Effective time management
- Excellent decision-making ability
- Highly motivated and able to inspire pupils making ability
- A flexible working approach
The role of a Support Worker
The duties of a Support Worker vary depending on the needs and wishes of the individual. They offer support for the individuals overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. They will support individuals with many aspects of everyday living; including physical, emotional and social.
Support Workers can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is often developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person who needs care or support.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 26th November 2019