We are seeking experienced support workers who have ideally worked in a residential setting for people with learning disabilities, physical disabilities, mental health, victims of domestic abuse and people with alcohol or substance misuse issues.
We are also recruiting for care workers who have experience in elderly care and have worked in a nursing home or residential home.
The ideal candidate will have 6 months paid or 12 months voluntary experience in either setting.
Your role will be varied but will include supporting service users in a residential setting.
Key skills we require to enable you to do the job are as follows:
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic understanding of legislative requirements e.g. CQC, POVA, POCA
- Ability to empathise
- 6 months paid or 12 months voluntary experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of preferred client group
- Excellent team player
- Personal care
- Knowledge of manual handling
- Assist with mobility issues.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
The role of a Support Worker
The duties of a Support Worker vary depending on the needs and wishes of the individual. They offer support for the individuals overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. They will support individuals with many aspects of everyday living; including physical, emotional and social.
Support Workers can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is often developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person who needs care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620190, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 3rd August 2018