- Location: Ceredigion
- Start Date: 12/07/21
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Adult Services, Housing
- Category: Adult Services, Tenancy Support Workers
- Job Ref: Aber_SW2
- Salary: £9.00 - £10.50 per hour
- Apply Now
Are you an experienced Tenancy Support Worker? Do you have a passion for supporting service users to achieve greater independence, maintain dignity and respect?
We currently have an exciting vacancy for one of our clients in the Aberystwyth and surrounding local authorities. As a tenancy support worker you will deliver crisis interventions and homeless prevention activities in line with Supporting People funding requirements
Robustly assess and deliver intensive and timely targeted support interventions to prevent and reduce homelessness working with multiple and complex high needs groups.
Supporting service users to achieve greater independence, maintain dignity and respect, to stay in their home for longer, reducing tenancy failure and promoting healthy living and social inclusion.
Other responsibilities include –
- Carrying out in depth assessments and developing focused support plans with service users who have complex and challenging needs. Manage own caseload with full accountability.
- Produce detailed risk assessments and reviews.
- Identifying safeguarding issues, MASH Applications and participation at Safeguarding and case conferences
- Providing intensive and timely support within a short timescale
- Complete full financial assessments with service users, providing high level of support around benefits and Universal Credit Transitions, income maximisation and debt management.
- Manage high turnover of clients with chaotic lifestyle
- Advocating and/or attending court hearing, case conferences and/or other external agencies with service user as required
- Identifying longer term support needs and underlying issues and referring in to appropriate services
- Communicating advocating and negotiating on behalf of service users
- Participating in an out of hours rota (approximately 3 weeks per year)
- You will work with all other departments in the business
- You will foster relationships with other agencies that include health, social care and other voluntary and statutory organisations.
You will also be expected to –
- Keep up to date with changes in systems, policies, procedures and working practices
- Take ownership for your personal safety and that of those around you
- Treat everyone with respect and adopt a positive approach to diversity and inclusion
- Take the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge
- Contribute to a happy and positive workplace
Find out more about this amazing role and apply by contacting the Aberystwyth branch on 01970 629 118. Not for you, but you know the perfect person for the job? We offer £50 for every successful referral, call us to refer a friend.
The role of a Tenancy Support Worker
The role involves working with people who are living in the community and are at risk of homelessness. It involves supporting people to tackle the issues that may lead to homelessness and to increase their independence.
This is a specialised role focussing on matters related to legislation. Tenancy Support Workers may advise people who need care and support on matters such as housing benefit, disability living allowances, employment benefit, sick pay, rent support and bereavement benefits.
Ideal candidates will have some knowledge of the benefit system and housing law. The group of clients we work with vary, it includes but not limited to those with Mental health diagnosis, alcohol and substance dependency, child protection issues, learning difficulties, young people and those over 55.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 24th June 2021