- Location: Monmouthshire
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Support Work
- Job Ref: OS
- Salary: From £8.00 per hour
- Apply Now
New Directions are looking for Tenancy Support Workers in the Monmouthshire area.
The service users will need support with independent living. This will be done through support plans and regular key work sessions. They will require assistance with maximising income through benefits, so knowledge of the benefit system is necessary. Tenancy support plays a major part of the role, preventing arrears etc.
Key skills we require to enable you to do the job are as follows:
• Excellent communication skills.
• Basic understanding of legislative requirements.
• Knowledge of welfare benefits or tenancy support.
• Ability to empathise.
The role of a Tenancy Support Worker
The role involves working with people who are living in the community and are at risk of homelessness. It involves supporting people to tackle the issues that may lead to homelessness and to increase their independence.
This is a specialised role focussing on matters related to legislation. Tenancy Support Workers may advise people who need care and support on matters such as housing benefit, disability living allowances, employment benefit, sick pay, rent support and bereavement benefits.
Ideal candidates will have some knowledge of the benefit system and housing law. The group of clients we work with vary, it includes but not limited to those with Mental health diagnosis, alcohol and substance dependency, child protection issues, learning difficulties, young people and those over 55.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150,or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 3rd July 2018