- Location: Neath Port Talbot
- Job Type: Full Time, Temporary
- Sector: Housing
- Category: Tenancy Support Workers
- Job Ref: AM
- Salary: £9.00 - £9.75 per hour
- Apply Now
We are currently recruiting experienced floating support staff in the Neath and Port Talbot area on behalf of a well-established client. You will have first-hand knowledge & experience of managing a varied caseload that will be challenging yet rewarding.
You will provide support and advice to those on your caseload for issues that include mental health, housing related queries as well as dealing with substance misuse and alcohol dependency barriers.
Hours for this post are full time and have the potential to be varied throughout the week. With this in mind, you will have an open and flexible mindset to ensure your clients receive an exceptional service. This opportunity is available on an on-going basis for those who meet & demonstrate their abilities to meet the outlined criteria.
Candidates need to have a valid DBS on the update service or be willing to obtain a new DBS through New Directions.
Candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Experience of a floating support role (Essential)
- Experience at signposting to 3rd party agencies
- Confidently able to deal with challenging situations
- Knowledge of benefits system (Desirable)
- Tenancy Management (Desirable)
Please contact Adam on 01792 620 190 if you would like to be considered for this role
The role of a Tenancy Support Worker
The role involves working with people who are living in the community and are at risk of homelessness. It involves supporting people to tackle the issues that may lead to homelessness and to increase their independence.
This is a specialised role focussing on matters related to legislation. Tenancy Support Workers may advise people who need care and support on matters such as housing benefit, disability living allowances, employment benefit, sick pay, rent support and bereavement benefits.
Ideal candidates will have some knowledge of the benefit system and housing law. The group of clients we work with vary, it includes but not limited to those with Mental health diagnosis, alcohol and substance dependency, child protection issues, learning difficulties, young people and those over 55.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620190, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 25th September 2020