- Location: Carmarthenshire - South Wales
- Job Type: Full Time, Temporary
- Sector: Homelessness, Substance Misuse, Support Work, Tenancy Support
- Job Ref: LH
- Salary: £8.75 - £9.25 per hour
- Apply Now
New Directions are seeking an experienced hostel floating support worker to work with teenagers and young adults in the Carmarthenshire area.
You will be providing help to people including support and guidance on any issues that affect their tenancies such as financial management, substance or alcohol misuse, mental or physical health issues, emotional welfare and tenancy management.
The team has 15 senior support workers who will be working in partnership with other providers of floating support within Carmarthenshire, as well as statutory agencies.
Looking for someone Mondays to -Fridays – 9am-5pm (37.5 hrs a week).
The ideal candidates will have a proven background in working one to one with homelessness, substance misuse and all tenancy support issues.
The role of a Tenancy Support Worker
The role involves working with people who are living in the community and are at risk of homelessness. It involves supporting people to tackle the issues that may lead to homelessness and to increase their independence.
This is a specialised role focussing on matters related to legislation. Tenancy Support Workers may advise people who need care and support on matters such as housing benefit, disability living allowances, employment benefit, sick pay, rent support and bereavement benefits.
Ideal candidates will have some knowledge of the benefit system and housing law. The group of clients we work with vary, it includes but not limited to those with Mental health diagnosis, alcohol and substance dependency, child protection issues, learning difficulties, young people and those over 55.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy,on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 2nd May 2018