- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Child Care
- Job Ref: GF
- Salary: Between £14,000 and £16,500 per annum
- Apply Now
New Directions has an exciting opportunity for a Trainee Senior Nurse to join an expanding nursery team based in Cardiff.
We are seeking to employ a highly motivated, enthusiastic and contentious Practitioner who has the ability to lead by example, have high expectations and provide a high quality of care and education to our children at all times.
You will need to have excellent communication skills and be able to work successfully as part of a team.
You will need to hold a minimum NVQ level 3 equivalent or above.
You will work 37.5 hours each week Monday to Friday.
You will receive 20 days holiday per year plus all bank holidays. Holiday entitlement increases in accordance with the length of service worked.
You will be expected to attend training/meetings outside nursery hours
The role of a Nursery Nurse
A job working with children, whether in a nursery, play scheme or out of school club, is primarily a fun one. You will be helping children learn through play and you could be organising group activities or working with a child on a one-to-one basis.
- to provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the nursery;
- to give support to other staff in the nursery;
- to implement the daily routine within the nursery.
Nursery Nurses will need a Level 2 qualification in childcare or above. The Department for Education (DfE) has information on all approved childcare qualifications. http://www.education.gov.uk/eypqd/index.shtml
If you don’t have a Level 2 qualification, you can start out by working as a nursery assistant where you’ll be supervised by more experienced staff.
Day-to-day tasks may include:
- planning and supervising activities like arts and crafts, music and cooking;
- helping children to learn numeracy and language skills through games;
- taking children on outings;
- feeding and changing babies;
- observing children and making notes to write reports;
- making sure children are safe and well.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy,on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 2nd November 2017