- Location: Shropshire
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Care Work
- Job Ref: GF
- Salary: From £15,352 to £19,695
- Apply Now
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and skilled Waking Night Care Practitioner to join our newly established team at our brand new residential school, in Ludlow to help us provide outstanding levels of therapeutic care to our children and young people throughout the night.
The school provides specialist residential and educational placements to children and young people between 10 and 18 years old, who have an Autism diagnosis, and are searching for professional care practitioners to assist us in delivering outstanding levels of residential care.
As a care practitioner you need to be:
· Committed to providing an excellent level of care for our young people.
· Enthusiastic in your approach to tough challenges.
· Assertive in difficult situations.
· Able to remain calm under pressure.
· A strong communicator with great interpersonal skills.
To apply for the role, you will require:
· Full driving licence and your own vehicle
· Flexibility to travel and work shifts during the night. Typical shift pattern may be 4 nights on and 4 nights off
The role of a Care Assistant
Duties may vary depending on the needs of the individual. Care Assistants are responsible for the individuals' overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. Duties can include:
- Assisting and enabling;
- washing and dressing;
- taking food and refreshment;
- bed making;
- providing interest and activities to stimulate and engage the service user;
- monitoring individuals’ conditions by taking temperature, pulse, respiration and weight;
- contributing to record keeping.
Care workers work as part of a larger team and are supervised by a manager or senior care worker. They can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is usually developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person requiring care or support.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 0117 314 3512, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 2nd August 2018