- Location: Bristol - South West
- Job Type: Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Support Work
- Job Ref: OM
- Salary: £8.75 - £9.00 per hour
- Apply Now
We are currently recruiting for temporary support workers to work with young people on a 1:1 basis throughout Bristol. This is a temporary yet ongoing assignment where you would be required to work day shifts and sleep ins and provide the YP with the support needed to live independently and integrate within the community. The YP you will be supporting are extremely vulnerable and many of them are currently going through transition either into a new home or out of an old one. You will be on hand to support them with this transition.
Candidates applying should have experience in the following;
- Emotional & Behavioural Difficulties
- Complex Needs
- Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities
- Challenging Behaviours
- Asperger Syndrome
Duties will include;
- Supporting the development of the YP
- Ensuring the safety of the service user, reporting any safeguarding issues.
- To promote the independence of all Children and Young people in your care.
- To provide assessment and care to a high standard – meeting physical, behavioural and emotional needs.
- To fully participate and support young people during outdoor education activities.
- Liaise with other professionals including teachers, parents and carers.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 0117 314 3512, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 6th September 2019