- Location: Merthyr Tydfil - South Wales
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Child Care, Support Work
- Job Ref: GF
- Salary: £8.21 - £9.25 per hour
- Apply Now
We are currently recruiting for experienced Support workers in Merthyr Tydfil and the surrounding areas to work with and support troubled youth’s.
The ideal candidate will have experience providing support to individuals who require additional help and support. In particular, experience working with individuals with physical disabilities and mental health issues and challenging behaviours.
We require you to work on a flexible basis full-time or part-time and you must have had at least 6 months paid or 12 months voluntary experience in a similar field that we can reference.
Your role may be varied and can include supporting service users in the community, at residential settings & respite centres, helping with general care duties, personal care and generally offering support where needed.
The role of a Support Worker
The duties of a Support Worker vary depending on the needs and wishes of the individual. They offer support for the individuals overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. They will support individuals with many aspects of everyday living; including physical, emotional and social.
Support Workers can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is often developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person who needs care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 5th April 2019