September saw the launch of our New Directions Employee of the Month initiative. As announced last week, the recipient of the award for September was Gareth Pughe from our Cardiff Social Care team. We caught up with Gareth to ask him more about what it meant to win the award.
1. You have been named ‘employee of the month’ by your colleagues and peers – how does that make you feel?
It made me immensely proud to be named employee of the month. So much so in fact that I started calling my family members to tell them the big news. My Mum didn’t believe me when I told her because I was ‘horrifically lazy’ growing up, so I sent her a photo of me with my certificate. Apparently it’s not an endearing quality to boast and my hair is definitely receding.
2. Tell us a little more about what you do here at New Directions…
My role at New Directions is a Support Consultant on the Social Care Team! I spend my days filling bookings, building rapport with our candidates and clients and generally apologising. I also make a cracking cup of tea.
3. How do you think ‘employee of the month’ might inspire other colleagues?
It’s voted for by your colleagues and peers and there’s nothing better than being recognised by people who do the same thing that you do. Similar to a film star getting an Oscar….. In fact, it’s JUST like an Oscar!!!
4. What’s your favourite part of your job?
My favourite part of my job is working alongside an incredible team. Everyone is extremely focused and hard working but we always have fun. We all laugh so much during the day and everyone supports each other
5. So, tell us what you might spend your winnings on
I’m going to put it towards my little boy’s Christmas present.