- Location: Wrexham
- Start Date: 05/07/21
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Adult Services
- Category: Support Worker
- Job Ref: Wxm_SW4
- Salary: £9.00 - £10.50 per hour
- Apply Now
Are you an experienced mental health support worker? Are you passionate about supporting adults and young people with mental health. As a support worker you will be enabling people with various and complex support needs progress towards recovery, wellbeing and independence.
You will have previous experience of working with people with mental health needs . Other expectations include –
- You should be able to commit to a rota which will include some waking night shifts and weekends.
- You will be a resilient and patient individual that is able to cope with challenging situations.
- You will be motivated by enabling others to achieve their goals.
- An individual with good interpersonal skills
- You will be reliable, resourceful and familiar with lone working procedures.
You will be given a comprehensive training and development programme tailored to your goals for progression within the client. Other fantastic benefits include –
- Annual bonus
- Learning and development opportunities
- Company sick pay
- Online private GP care and paid wellbeing days
- Enhanced rate for Sleep in shifts
- Casual dress code
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company pension
- Access to employee discount provider
Find out more about this amazing role and apply by contacting the Wrexham branch on 01978 884290. Not for you, but you know the perfect person for the job? We offer £50 for every successful referral, call us to refer a friend.
The role of a Support Worker
The duties of a Support Worker vary depending on the needs and wishes of the individual. They offer support for the individuals overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. They will support individuals with many aspects of everyday living; including physical, emotional and social.
Support Workers can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is often developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person who needs care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 17th June 2021