The changing role of Community Pharmacy in Wales
Q&A Event for you
Join us for an informative panel discussion and Q&A exploring the various opportunities and challenges facing community pharmacy in Wales.
Thursday 4th March 2021
7pm to 8pm
We’re delighted to invite you to our informative panel discussion and Q&A with guest speakers:
- Richard Thomas, Editor, Pharmacy Magazine
- Judy Thomas, Director, Community Pharmacy Wales
- Gurnam Bhogal, Owner, GS Bhogal Pharmacy
- Elen Searle, Head of New Directions Pharmacy
With the three-year, £18.3m funding package agreed by Welsh Government and representatives of community pharmacies, now more than ever pharmacists have been recognised for their vital role in our communities and the support they provide the NHS. Throughout the event we will discuss and answer questions on what this funding means for:
- Improved technology within the industry
- Increased opportunities for community pharmacy leads in primary care clusters
- Training support for pharmacists to become independent prescribers
- Greater access to Welsh GP records
- Further availability of pharmacists within health boards
- Continued and increased integration with the NHS and support of innovative health models
This long-term plan provides some very well-deserved recognition to community pharmacists, and whilst it brings great opportunities, what challenges can we also expect and how can we overcome them to make sure we can support the transformation of the role of community pharmacists in Wales over the next three years.
Book your place here.
Wales Week London
This event is part of the Wales Week London programme of activities that celebrates and promotes everything that is great about Wales. Find out more about Wales Week.‹ Previous articleNext article ›