The current swine flu pandemic is taken very seriously at New Directions. We are aware of the potential effects on our clients
As responsible providers of locum contractors it is essential that we pass on the information circulated by the NHS and Department of Health. If you display any of the following symptoms you should contact the NHS helpline without delay. (It is important also that you inform New Directions as soon as possible.)
The main symptoms that you should be aware of as listed by the NHS are:
- sudden fever (a high body temperature of 38°C/100.4°F or above), and
- sudden cough.
Other symptoms may include:
- aching muscles,
- limb or joint pain,
- diarrhoea or stomach upset,
- sore throat,
- runny nose,
- sneezing, and
- loss of appetite.
For most people swine flu can be regarded as a mild illness however it is important that you inform us if you develop or are diagnosed with it. We have set up a number of ways that we can be contacted.
- By phone on our Swine Flu Hotline open 24 hours a day. If you phone 02920 827600 you will be put through to a New Directions member of staff any time of the day or night as this number will divert to our on call service.
- By computer on our Swine Flu e-mail. If you would prefer to give us any information by e-mail this can be sent to [email protected]
- speaking to your current New Directions member of staff at any time during normal office hours on the same number as above
By informing us quickly of your condition, we can better maintain service levels for the benefit of staff and clients.