Nursery Manager Vacancies
As Nursery Manager you will be responsible for the management of the nursery and the team to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the organisation. This individual is responsible for delivering flexible, quality care and education which will meet the needs of the young people in their care.
Hours of work are dependent on the specific environment; typically a Nursery Manager will work during the day between the hours of 7am and 6pm.
It is imperative that applicants pass a police check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Clients in the sector often also request the following training of employees:
- NNEB Diploma, CACHE Level 3, NVQ Level 3 in Childcare and Education or equivalent
- Paediatric First Aid Qualification
- Health and Safety
- Food Hygiene
Candidates in this job sector are also required to have basic literacy and numeracy skills.
A Nursery Manager is an essential link between the nursery management team and the staff providing the day-to-day care of the children. Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures are implemented, and staff responsibilities are carried out. This individual will support high quality interaction and engagement with children attending the nursery. Responsible also for aiding the planning and preparation of activities to enrich the physical, emotional and intellectual needs of the children. A Nursery Manager may also specialise in working with children with disabilities and learning difficulties.
A Nursery Manager is responsible for:
- Ensuring the smooth running of the nursery, delegating responsibilities appropriately
- Ensuring that the nursery environment is well set out and resources are available
- Leading and implementing positive behaviour
- Acting as the key individual for a group of children by observing, monitoring and recording individual children’s development
- Developing and maintaining relationships with parents and other appropriate agencies
- Operating a programme of activities for the children
- Ensuring good standards of hygiene are maintained
- Demonstrate stong management skills
- Ability to establish positive relationships with children and their families
- Capability to remain calm and act efficiently in an emergency situation
- Able to delegate assertively appropriate activity
- Excellent organisational skills are essential
- Provide a safe and stimulating environment for the children