- Location: Bridgend
- Job Type: Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Older Persons
- Category: Care Assistants, Older Persons
- Job Ref: AM
- Salary: £9.00 per hour
- Apply Now
We are currently recruiting for residential care homes in Bridgend and the surrounding areas. You will be experienced within the care sector and have a valid moving and handling certificate, an empathetic & caring approach to residents needs and be willing to work as part of a dynamic team.
In addition to this, you will be providing a range of care needs to elderly residents, which will include feeding/ dressing/ hoisting as well as other associated duties. Your role will also require you to complete care plans and manage daily activities with the residents.
You will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Valid Moving & Handling (Will need to be verified)
- First Aid Training
- Ability to work on shift patterns including weekends/ evenings/ nights/ bank holidays
- Valid DBS on the update service/ Be willing to have a new one completed
- Provide exceptional service to all client groups
If are passionate about great care & can meet the criteria then we would love to hear from you! For further information please ask for Adam in Social Care on 01792 620 190.
The role of a Care Assistant
Duties may vary depending on the needs of the individual. Care Assistants are responsible for the individuals' overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. Duties can include:
- Assisting and enabling;
- washing and dressing;
- taking food and refreshment;
- bed making;
- providing interest and activities to stimulate and engage the service user;
- monitoring individuals’ conditions by taking temperature, pulse, respiration and weight;
- contributing to record keeping.
Care workers work as part of a larger team and are supervised by a manager or senior care worker. They can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is usually developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person requiring care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620190, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 13th May 2020