- Location: Powys
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Adult Services, Care Work
- Job Ref: AJ
- Salary: Salary: £7.20-£8.00 per hour (dependant on experience)
- Apply Now
Position: Care Assistant
Shifts: Days/ Nights/ Weekends
Are you looking for a care assistant job in Powys or surrounding area? You have come to the right place!
New Directions is the UK’s leading quality care provider supporting adults throughout South Wales.
Previous experience working as a care assistant, a carer or a having cared for a family member in the past is essential along with a caring nature and warm heart.
As a care assistant you will provide companionship and personal care to our clients.
Our training gives you all the knowledge and skills you will require and you will be fully supported by our team throughout your career with New Directions. You will have the opportunity to undertake training should you wish.
We offer flexible working hours to suit everybody’s individual lives. Part-time to full time, great rates of pay and holiday pay and a strong, supportive office team – with you every step of the way.
If you are interested in this vacancy and have 6 months paid or 12 months voluntary experience, then we have immediate interviews available.
The role of a Care Assistant
Duties may vary depending on the needs of the individual. Care Assistants are responsible for the individuals' overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. Duties can include:
- Assisting and enabling;
- washing and dressing;
- taking food and refreshment;
- bed making;
- providing interest and activities to stimulate and engage the service user;
- monitoring individuals’ conditions by taking temperature, pulse, respiration and weight;
- contributing to record keeping.
Care workers work as part of a larger team and are supervised by a manager or senior care worker. They can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is usually developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person requiring care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Carefor more information on this job vacancy,on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 2nd November 2016