- Location: Cardiff
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Adult Services
- Category: Adult Services
- Job Ref: NDOS
- Salary: £8.21 to £9.00
- Apply Now
New Directions Social Care are currently recruiting for Care Assistants in Cardiff and the surrounding area.
New Directions supply relief staff to elderly nursing and residential homes.
As a relief worker you will have autonomy to work on a flexible basis fulltime or part-time and will have had 6 months paid or 12 months voluntary experience in a care home setting.
New Directions offer mandatory training to suit your needs and the opportunity to work on a flexible basis in a supported environment. We pay on a weekly basis and offer a competitive hourly rate.
Your role will be varied but will include supporting elderly service users in a nursing or care home environment.
Key skills we require to enable you to do the job are as follows:
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic understanding of legislative requirements e.g. CQC, POVA, POCA
- Ability to empathise
- 6 months paid or 12 months voluntary experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of preferred client group
- Excellent team player
- Personal care
- Knowledge of manual handling
- Assist with mobility issues.
We do not require you to be a driver and will always endeavour to place you in settings within a reasonable distance of your home, we offer flexibility and can work around you. We also offer an opportunity to gain experience in a variety of settings with weekly pay and a competitive hourly rate
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 9th March 2020