- Location: Caerphilly - South Wales
- Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Sector: Care & Support, Care Work, Elderly Residential, Nursing
- Job Ref: MC
- Salary: £7.85 - £8.20 per hour
- Apply Now
We are looking for passionate and dedicated carers to join our team in providing care to elderly clients in the Caerphilly Borough.
The successful applicant must have relevant experience working with the elderly and with Dementia.
Working within a specialised unit, it is vital that the applicant have training in;
- Manual Handling
- Protection of Vulnerable
- Adults Infection Control
- First Aid Health and Safety
- Dementia Awareness
The role of a Care Assistant
Duties may vary depending on the needs of the individual. Care Assistants are responsible for the individuals' overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. Duties can include:
- Assisting and enabling;
- washing and dressing;
- taking food and refreshment;
- bed making;
- providing interest and activities to stimulate and engage the service user;
- monitoring individuals’ conditions by taking temperature, pulse, respiration and weight;
- contributing to record keeping.
Care workers work as part of a larger team and are supervised by a manager or senior care worker. They can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is usually developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person requiring care or support.
Please contact ND Care & Support for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2082 7555, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 2nd May 2018