- Location: Cardiff
- Job Type: Temporary
- Category: Children Residential Support Worker, Children Services
- Apply Now
Are you a confident and experienced children’s residential support worker? Are you passionate about providing a caring and nurturing environment to children and young people that have faced various challenges throughout there early years? We are recruiting for residential support workers to work with and support children and young people in various child residential settings across the Newport area. As a first point of contact for the young people you will be empathetic, able to present solutions to any barriers faced by the residents and feel comfortable to work under your own direction. Along with this you will integrate well within the current team and play your part in the day to day running of the setting. You will be required to support young people who need positive behaviour management and structure within their day.
As a support worker your duties will be:
- You will be required to support young people who need positive behaviour management and structure within their day.
- Daily activities with residents
- Domestic duties and any associated tasks vital to the efficient operation of the setting.
- As well as competitive rates of pay (up to £9.50 per hour for days , up to £10.50 an hour for nights)
- Accrued holiday pay
- Endless training opportunities with our in-house trainers.
- Ideally you will hold a level 3 qualification in Children and young people (but not essential) and be registered with social care Wales.
- Valid restraint training would also be a bonus; however, this can be provided when registered with us, along with other training.
- You will need to have at least 3 months paid or 12 months voluntary relevant experience that we can reference to register with us.
Find out more about the job and apply by contacting Gareth Ford on 02920 390 150 Option 1 or email [email protected] with your CV. Not for you, but you know the perfect person for the job? We offer £50 for every successful referral, call us to refer a friend.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 16th April 2021