- Location: Monmouthshire - South Wales
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Children's Residential
- Job Ref: LH
- Salary: From £33,000 per annum
- Apply Now
We at New Directions Recruitment are currently looking for a children’s home manager to run a five bedded home in Abergavenney.
This home caters for boys and girls in the looked after care sector aged between 8 and 18 years old. The children have come from a variety of backgrounds and have emotional, behavioural and complex needs.
The ideal candidates will have a proven managerial background of minimum 2 years’ experience. The hours of work are Monday to Friday.
The role of a Registered Manager
A registered manager is the person appointed by the provider to manage the regulated activity on their behalf, where the provider is not going to be in day-to-day charge of the regulated activities themselves.
This role is defined by the Care Standards Act 2000. Under this Act, the Registered Manager is responsible for the social care provision that he/she is managing.
Managers are responsible for the day-to-day provision of social care services. This means they support their staff and have a key role in ensuring the standard of care delivered is always high.
A first line manager’s role is to:
- manage the primary tasks and activities of the organisation;
- have a key role in determining whether standards of practice are being consistently maintained;
- support staff engaged in complex, personally demanding work and ensure that staff are continually developed in knowledge based practice.
Knowledge of service requirements and previous experience of working in a care or health setting is desired.
Must have NVQ L5 or equivalent, or be willing to work towards a relevant management qualification.
In Wales, Mandatory registration is required with the Care Council for;
- Domiciliary Care Managers;
- Residential Child Care Managers;
- Adult Care Home Managers.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy,on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 7th March 2018