- Location: Newport - South Wales
- Job Type: Full Time
- Sector: Children's Residential, Management
- Job Ref: LH
- Salary: £34k - £39k
- Apply Now
New Directions Social Care are currently recruiting for a Children’s Home Manager based in South Wales.
The homes will only be two bed homes so will be easy to manage the best outcomes for these children in care.
Current client are growing their portfolio of Children’s Homes and outreach support services and are looking for qualified Residential Children’s Homes managers to continue the ethos of delivering premium care and support in various locations across South Wales
We are seeking for ambitious, driven and proven Level 5 QCF Children and Young People Registered Managers in Children and Young Peoples Services.
Salary on offer from £34k up to £39k depending upon proven experience and background.
Monday to Friday work only.
Role will include but not be limited to:
· Monitor and deliver premium person centred care to CYP
· Bring passion and enthusiasm to your role
· Ensure policies and procedures are regularly monitored and adhered to
· Be aware of all legislation and ensure its implemented correctly
· Be responsible for budgeting
· Regularly liaise with the company RI and Directors
· Lead, develop and mentor your staffing teams
· Be innovative with new ideas and problem solving
· Create a caring home where CYP feel valued and listened to.
You Must have:
· Full, clean driving license
· QCF Level 5 in CYP
· Minimum of 5 years residential experience
The role of a Registered Manager
A registered manager is the person appointed by the provider to manage the regulated activity on their behalf, where the provider is not going to be in day-to-day charge of the regulated activities themselves.
This role is defined by the Care Standards Act 2000. Under this Act, the Registered Manager is responsible for the social care provision that he/she is managing.
Managers are responsible for the day-to-day provision of social care services. This means they support their staff and have a key role in ensuring the standard of care delivered is always high.
A first line manager’s role is to:
- manage the primary tasks and activities of the organisation;
- have a key role in determining whether standards of practice are being consistently maintained;
- support staff engaged in complex, personally demanding work and ensure that staff are continually developed in knowledge based practice.
Knowledge of service requirements and previous experience of working in a care or health setting is desired.
Must have NVQ L5 or equivalent, or be willing to work towards a relevant management qualification.
In Wales, Mandatory registration is required with the Care Council for;
- Domiciliary Care Managers;
- Residential Child Care Managers;
- Adult Care Home Managers.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 8th March 2019