- Location: Bristol
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Sector: Adult Services
- Category: Adult Services, Learning Disability Support Workers
- Apply Now
Are you an experienced support worker? Are you passionate about supporting adults with mental health and learning difficulties. As a support worker you will be enabling people with various and complex support needs progress towards recovery, wellbeing and independence.
As a Support Worker you will be working as part of an innovative and compassionate team responsible for enabling people with various and complex support needs progress towards recovery, wellbeing and independence, through utilisation of creative, flexible and outcomes-driven support planning and delivery techniques.
- Previous experience working with people with mental health needs.
- Able to undertake evening and weekend work, ideally at least 1 sleep-in shift per week as well as core hours.
- Have an inclusive and positive approach to life.
- Be resilient and able to cope with challenging situations.
- Be motivated to enable others to achieve their goals.
- Be reliable, resourceful, and familiar with lone working procedures.
- A driver or cyclist and preferably have access to transport.
- Must be honest, innovative, organised, flexible, and driven.
- We are currently looking for applicants to be able to work the shift the shift pattern: Tuesday to Saturday or Monday to Friday.
You will be given a comprehensive training and development programme tailored to your goals for progression within the client. Other fantastic benefits include –
- Annual bonus
- Learning and development opportunities
- Company sick pay
- Online private GP care and paid wellbeing days
- Enhanced rate for Sleep in shifts
- Casual dress code
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company pension
- Access to employee discount provider
Job Types: Permanent Full-time.
Salary: £17,550.00 to £25,711.00 per annum (dependent on sleepins)
The request for male applicants, in this instance, is a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010, due to the nature of our services and client groups.
Find out more about this amazing role and apply by contacting Keri Evans on 02920 390 150 Option 1 or email email@example.com with your CV. Not for you, but you know the perfect person for the job? We offer £50 for every successful referral, call us to refer a friend.
The role of a Support Worker
The duties of a Support Worker vary depending on the needs and wishes of the individual. They offer support for the individuals overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. They will support individuals with many aspects of everyday living; including physical, emotional and social.
Support Workers can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is often developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person who needs care or support.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 8th April 2021