- Location: Bristol
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Adult Services
- Category: Adult Services, Mental Health Support Worker
- Apply Now
Are you an experienced mental health support worker? Are you passionate about supporting adults and young people with mental health. As a support worker you will be enabling people with various and complex support needs progress towards recovery, wellbeing and independence.
You will support clients with daily tasks within their accommodation, accessing the local community for appointments, shopping, and social activities. You will be required to update daily logs, risk assessments and support plans as part of your role. Other requirements for the role are –
- Previous experience working with people with mental health needs.
- Able to undertake evening and weekend work, ideally at least 1 sleep-in shift per week as well as core hours.
- Have an inclusive and positive approach to life.
- Be resilient and able to cope with challenging situations.
- Be motivated to enable others to achieve their goals.
- Be reliable, resourceful and familiar with lone working procedures
- A driver or cyclist and preferably have access to transport.
- Must be honest, innovative, organised, flexible and driven.
- We are currently looking for applicants to be able to work full time, the shift pattern: Sunday to Thursday or Tuesday to Saturday.
You will be given a comprehensive training and development programme tailored to your goals for progression within the client. Other fantastic benefits include –
- Annual bonus
- Learning and development opportunities
- Company sick pay
- Online private GP care and paid wellbeing days
- Enhanced rate for Sleep in shifts
- Casual dress code
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company pension
- Access to employee discount provider
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: £17,842.00 to £26,182.00 per annum (dependent on sleepins)
The request for female applicants, in this instance, is a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010, due to the nature of our services and client groups.
Find out more about this amazing role and apply by contacting Keri Evans on 02920 390 150 Option 1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV. Not for you, but you know the perfect person for the job? We offer £50 for every successful referral, call us to refer a friend.
The role of a Mental Health Support Worker
Mental health support workers support people with long term mental health problems, helping them to adapt to ordinary life within the community by developing coping skills rather than being institutionalised in a hospital.
Their role is to support individuals to live as independently as possible, often following illness. Their work is predominantly support and enabling, rather than personal care, and involves providing advice and guidance as part of a range of support activities rather than a specialist service. Support may be provided in supported living accommodation, a hostel or day centre.
Everyone working in adult social care needs English, number, digital and employability skills. Different roles require a different level of skill. Here are a few examples of the core skills you might need as a mental health support worker;
- Speaking skills to give people information;
- Team working skills to work with other professionals and services such as social workers and education and health authorities;
- Digital skills to research activities in the local area;
- Time management skills;
- Problem solving skills to provide advice to someone.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 8th April 2021