- Location: Somerset
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Management
- Job Ref: CC
- Salary: £25,183 per annum
- Apply Now
Do you have what it takes to hold the title of a Deputy Manager? Already have experience or up for a new challenge?
New Directions are looking for a Deputy Manager to join a residential home in Wellington. The home aims to ensure that young people are given a nurturing, caring environment which will help them to overcome any difficulties they may have encountered and offer them the best possible opportunities for healthy physical, intellectual and emotional development.
- Support the Registered Manager in overall management of the home and deputise in their absence
- Support the Registered Manager in ensuring staffing levels are maintained at all times
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health, welfare and development
- Ensuring the home environment is appropriate and sensitive to the needs of the children
- Provide support and social learning for the children and young people
- Ensure those who are facing particular crisis and stress es are offered appropriate support and ensure staff are supported in dealing with the most complex cases
- Development, implementation and monitoring of individual care plans
- Provide support and guidance to other staff, ensuring they are able to carry out their role effectively
- Monitoring ongoing expenditure and ensure staff operate the petty cash system
- Maintain professional knowledge and skills through reading, attending conferences and training to achieve and maintain continuous professional development
You will need:
- Experience of working with challenging young people
- Experience of Safeguarding vulnerable children and young people
- Ability to support the Registered Manager in managing the home so that it actively promotes the children and young people’s life chances
- To demonstrate the ability to develop appropriate working relationships with service users, parents/carers and colleagues
- Ability to prioritise work and organise time to meet with deadlines
- At least 2 years’ experience of working with children within the past 5 years or 2 years’ experience in working at a senior level in a residential setting
- NVQ Level 4 Care
- NVQ Level 3 Children and Young People
Your company benefits:
- 28 days holiday
- Cash Plan Health Policy
- Group personal accident insurance and illness policy
- Pension scheme
- Private medical/dental insurance
- Casual dress
- Discounted/free food
- On-site parking
For further information or the be considered for the position please contact Charlotte on 02920390150 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
The role of a Registered Manager
A registered manager is the person appointed by the provider to manage the regulated activity on their behalf, where the provider is not going to be in day-to-day charge of the regulated activities themselves.
This role is defined by the Care Standards Act 2000. Under this Act, the Registered Manager is responsible for the social care provision that he/she is managing.
Managers are responsible for the day-to-day provision of social care services. This means they support their staff and have a key role in ensuring the standard of care delivered is always high.
A first line manager’s role is to:
- manage the primary tasks and activities of the organisation;
- have a key role in determining whether standards of practice are being consistently maintained;
- support staff engaged in complex, personally demanding work and ensure that staff are continually developed in knowledge based practice.
Knowledge of service requirements and previous experience of working in a care or health setting is desired.
Must have NVQ L5 or equivalent, or be willing to work towards a relevant management qualification.
In Wales, Mandatory registration is required with the Care Council for;
- Domiciliary Care Managers;
- Residential Child Care Managers;
- Adult Care Home Managers.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 26th November 2019