- Location: Vale of Glamorgan
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time, Permanent, Temporary
- Sector: Adult Services, Older Persons
- Category: Care Assistants, Older Persons
- Apply Now
Are you a Care Assistant seeking a new opportunity? Do you have recent experience within a Residential or Nursing home?
Are you as passionate about helping others as we are?
New Directions are looking for reliable and trustworthy Care Assistants. We cover Public/Private sector Residential & Nursing homes for the elderly in Cardiff and the surrounding areas.
The role: Care Assistant
Pay scales: £9.65 days/ £10.00 nights
We are seeking caring and compassionate individuals who enjoy interacting with the elderly and assisting them with their daily living activities. Candidates must be warm and friendly, with a strong work ethic, a positive attitude, and a genuine passion for providing quality care. Successful candidates will be self-motivated, well-organized, and able to work independently and as part of a team. Previous experience in a 3 months paid or 6 months voluntary capacity is desirable for this role.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Assist clients with personal care tasks.
- Perform light housekeeping tasks.
- Assist in the safe lifting, transferring, repositioning and movement of clients.
- Observe, monitor, and record clients’ physical and emotional well-being, and promptly report any changes to senior staff.
- Encourage clients to participate in social and recreational activities.
- Excellent communication skills
- A basic understanding of legislative requirements.
- Ability to empathize
- Manual Handling certificate
- Excellent team player
- Personal care
- Assist with mobility issues
- Ability to understand and follow policies and procedures.
- Work when it suits you.
- Access to high quality training and qualifications
- 24/hour on-call assistance
- Part of an award-winning organisation
If you’d like to have an informal chat about this position then please call Rob on 02920 390 150 (option 1). Alternatively, you can submit your CV to email@example.com and I will be in contact with you should you meet the above requirements.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 29th September 2021