- Location: North Somerset
- Job Type: Full Time, Temporary
- Sector: Children Services
- Category: Children Services
- Job Ref: OS
- Salary: £10.00 per hour
- Apply Now
New Directions are recruiting for a temporary agency worker to work on an ongoing basis in the Bath area as a Family Support Worker covering waking nights.
Families are referred by social workers to family support workers whose role is to provide advice and try and keep families together and live as independently as possible. You will be required to go into a family’s home and work closely with them and a new born child to offer practical help and emotional support.
You will be required of understanding of how to care for a baby in order to provide the support needed for new parents. Lone working within this role is applicable however you will have the support from a team that will provide you with an induction before work commences to ensure you are fully aware of your role and responsibilities.
The ideal candidate for this role will hole a level 3 qualification in health and social care or a childcare qualification with previous family support experience. This role is on a full time, ongoing basis with the potential to go onto a permanent contract depending on performance.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 0117 3143512, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 6th November 2020