- Location: Bristol - South West
- Start Date: From £7.83 per hour
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Care Work
- Salary: KK
- Apply Now
New Directions Social Care are currently recruiting for a number of ongoing contracts in the Bristol area.
We are working with a well-established nursing home based in the centre of Bristol to support them with their annual leave and sickness absence.
The home caters for around 30 service users with nursing needs and some service users suffer with dementia .
Main Duties of this role include:
· All aspects of personal care to include assistance with feeding.
· Manual Handling
· Support and build relationships with service users
· Updating and reviewing care plans
· Communicating and supporting families of service users
· Working with external bodies in relation to service users to include GP’s,social services etc.
We have a variety of shifts available to include long days, waking nights and weekend work. The service is situated on a bus route therefore we do not require you to drive.
The role of a Care Assistant
Duties may vary depending on the needs of the individual. Care Assistants are responsible for the individuals' overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. Duties can include:
- Assisting and enabling;
- washing and dressing;
- taking food and refreshment;
- bed making;
- providing interest and activities to stimulate and engage the service user;
- monitoring individuals’ conditions by taking temperature, pulse, respiration and weight;
- contributing to record keeping.
Care workers work as part of a larger team and are supervised by a manager or senior care worker. They can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is usually developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person requiring care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 0117 314 3512, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 6th August 2018