- Location: Newport - South Wales
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Homelessness, Substance Misuse, Support Work, Tenancy Support
- Job Ref: MC
- Salary: £8.00 - £9.00 per hour
- Apply Now
New Directions are currently seeking hostel support workers to work in a young person’s hostel based in the Newport area.
We have a large contract established over many years ago that covers Wales, for a National Hostel Association provider that caters for vulnerable young persons.
This project specifically caters for young adults aged 16– 24 years of age.
We need staff that have a knowledge and understanding of working with young, vulnerable adults who have a history around drug and alcohol problems, homelessness issues, challenging behaviours and complex needs.
The role of a Hostel Worker
The role of a Hostel Worker is focused on support and enabling, rather than predominantly personal care, and involves providing advice and guidance as part of a range of support activities rather than a specialist service.
Hostel Workers work in teams with other professionals, including managers, social workers, other outreach and community support workers, drug action groups, youth offending services, and with the police, education authority and schools, health authorities and housing departments etc.
Furthermore this may also include individual support and counselling via such activities as shopping with people who need care and support, taking them to appointments, developing everyday skills such as how to make a cup of tea or prepare and cook a meal safely, or simply being with them in their home environment.
During the night, you will ensure the safety of the service users are met, ensuring that the noise level is kept low and some domestic tasks.
Hostel Workers usually work in temporary housing settings with long or short-term residents, others provide support within the local community for individuals who are in supported housing or living independently.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy,on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 2nd May 2018