- Location: Blaenau Gwent - South Wales
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Support Work
- Job Ref: OS
- Salary: From £8.00 per hour
- Apply Now
New Directions are recruiting for homeless hostel support workers that have had previous experience within the sector. We supply agency staff to a variety of homeless services in Tredegar and have a continuous requirement for support workers that have at least six months paid experience within a similar setting.We have a range of shifts available on an adhoc basis including days, nights and sleep ins. You have the flexibility to pick and choose the ones that suit you.
· Actively promoting client’s involvement at all times
· Working with clients to assess and identify their support needs
· Establishing supportive and professional relationships with clients
· Maintenance and cleanliness of the Hostel
Necessary skills and experience:
· An understanding of why people become homeless, and the needs and challenges they face
· Experience of working within a hostel environment supporting clients with complex needs such as homelessness, substance misuse, ex-offenders and mental health issues
· Ability to cope with customers who display challenging behaviour
· A good standard of written and oral English
· A good level of IT skills
· Ability to work shifts on a rota basis including afternoon and sleep in shifts
The role of a Support Worker
The duties of a Support Worker vary depending on the needs and wishes of the individual. They offer support for the individuals overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. They will support individuals with many aspects of everyday living; including physical, emotional and social.
Support Workers can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is often developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person who needs care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620190, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 1st March 2019