- Location: Bristol - South West
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Support Work
- Job Ref: KK
- Salary: £9-£10.50 ph
- Apply Now
New Directions Social Care are currently recruiting for an experienced Hostel Support Worker to work in a service that supports young people aged 16-25 years who seek accommodation and support for independence in Stroud, Gloucestershire.
The service is recruiting for individuals that have 6 months paid or 12 months voluntary experience in a similar setting .
Core aspects of the role are:
- Supporting vulnerable and disengaged individuals to become independent.
- Celebrating the individual uniqueness and diversity of service users and staff; demonstrating equality across the organisation.
- Accepting everyone for who they are and where they are in their lives.
- Providing a welcoming space for all ages to live, learn and feel secure.
- Remaining confident in our own ability to help others and continually developing the ways in which we can improve what we offer.
This is a temp to perm role and the shifts pattern is mainly night work however New Directions do have temporary flexible work with this client.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 0117 314 3512, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 22nd June 2018