- Location: Bristol - South West
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Homelessness
- Job Ref: KK
- Salary: From £9.00 per hour
- Apply Now
We are currently recruiting for a Hostel Support Worker to undertake ongoing temporary work within the Bath area.
The hostel provides 20 beds and ongoing support through their various initiatives, for the client within their care.
Shift patterns may vary and can include long days and waking nights.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Work in close partnership with the team and with relevant external agencies.
· Support clients within the service through delivering plans which have been generated by Casework Coordinators.
· Contribute to assessments and support plans being delivered, recording and monitoring impact through review.
· Give clients advice, information and provide an enabling service so that they can access appropriate services.
· Facilitate the delivery of meaningful occupation for clients.
· Responsible for ensuring that rent and service charge payments are made and recorded in respect of named clients responsible for day to day health and safety and the safe running of accommodation projects, including liaison with external contactors.
The role of a Hostel Worker
The role of a Hostel Worker is focused on support and enabling, rather than predominantly personal care, and involves providing advice and guidance as part of a range of support activities rather than a specialist service.
Hostel Workers work in teams with other professionals, including managers, social workers, other outreach and community support workers, drug action groups, youth offending services, and with the police, education authority and schools, health authorities and housing departments etc.
Furthermore this may also include individual support and counselling via such activities as shopping with people who need care and support, taking them to appointments, developing everyday skills such as how to make a cup of tea or prepare and cook a meal safely, or simply being with them in their home environment.
During the night, you will ensure the safety of the service users are met, ensuring that the noise level is kept low and some domestic tasks.
Hostel Workers usually work in temporary housing settings with long or short-term residents, others provide support within the local community for individuals who are in supported housing or living independently.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Carefor more information on this job vacancy,on 0117 314 3512, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 6th March 2018