- Location: Swansea
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Housing
- Category: Homeless Hostel Support Worker, Hostel Support Workers
- Apply Now
Hostel Support Worker Swansea
Pay: 9.00 – 9.50
Type: Temporary Ongoing Hours
We are currently recruiting a hostel support worker for a well established homelessness project in the Swansea area.
You will be working on a variable shift pattern so flexibility is essential & this will include waking nights.
Through your role you will be expected to possess a firm understanding of tenancy/ housing options; with particular experience within substance and alcohol misuse; experience of working with those with mental health is also advantageous
Working with the communities most vulnerable you will need to build rapports and trust quickly, allowing the time you spend with residents to be insightful and effective.
Within this role you will be fully responsible for the management of a case load and will need to be pro active to ensure all documentation is completed in a timely manner, along with the completion of weekly key working sessions
Your case load will consist of long-standing issues surrounding homelessness and may coincide with mental health barriers.
Hours are available immediately and will be ongoing throughout the year
For further information on this role or to be considered for short listing apply, please contact Adam on 01792620190 option 1
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620190, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 18th March 2021