- Location: Swansea
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Adult Services
- Category: Learning Disability Support Workers
- Job Ref: AM
- Salary: £8.72 - £9.00 per hour
- Apply Now
We are currently recruiting for support workers to assist adults with a range of learning disabilities within two homes in the Swansea area. Working and supporting service users on a 2:1 ratio, you will carry out an array of tasks and spend time in the home and community. Candidates will have first-hand experience of working with this client group, be available for an immediate start and commit to the equivalent of full-time hours.
If you would like more information on the role or would like to be considered for an application, please call Adam on 01792620190 option 1 today!
Ideal Candidate will demonstrate the following:
- PBM Trained or willingness to complete course.
- Work on shift patterns including weekends, evenings and holidays
- Have, or complete a DBS on the update service
- Use of own vehicle
- Flexibility to meet service needs
The role of a Support Worker
The duties of a Support Worker vary depending on the needs and wishes of the individual. They offer support for the individuals overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. They will support individuals with many aspects of everyday living; including physical, emotional and social.
Support Workers can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is often developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person who needs care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620190, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 22nd July 2020