- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Support Work
- Job Ref: OS
- Salary: From £8.00 per hour
- Apply Now
New Directions Recruitment are looking for a Learning Disability Support Worker. You will be responsible for supporting people with their goals based within their home environments or local community. Activities of support vary from daily living skills, personal care, travel escorts, teaching of independent life skills to assistance with accessing community based activities such as going to college, swimming, work placements and other social and leisure activities.
Duties are varied and personalised to the Service User’s needs such as:
· General housekeeping e.g. cooking, shopping, domestic duties
· Providing help with all aspects of personal care
· Facilitating socialization and social activities e.g. visiting family and friends, walks, theatre, meals out, going for a drive
· To empathise and actively listen in a sensitive manner accessing appropriate additional support where necessary
· To create opportunities for Service Users to develop establish and maintain personal relationships and social networks, which encourage greater participation and integration in their chosen communities
The role of a Support Worker
The duties of a Support Worker vary depending on the needs and wishes of the individual. They offer support for the individuals overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. They will support individuals with many aspects of everyday living; including physical, emotional and social.
Support Workers can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is often developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person who needs care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 23rd April 2019