New Directions are looking to recruit on behalf of our Client for a Learning Support Assistant in the Thornbury area.
Our client is looking to recruit an LSA to provide support children with learning disabilities with their education. Our client believes in a vision of holistic education, care and therapy whilst being committed to strong academic progress, as demonstrated through an incredible range of different activities in our adapted curriculum.
The main focus of this role is to facilitate learning across the broad curriculum and to facilitate the building of positive and appropriate relationships with peers. This may mean dealing with challenging behaviour.
As an LSA you will be asked to assist the class teacher in delivering pupil’s education. This includes contributing to planning, preparation of differentiated resources and individual instruction. This will also include recording of learning and assessment,
– Maths and English qualifications at Level 2 or above (GCSE Grade c or above)
– Ability to innovate in learning experiences.
– Outstanding communication skills
– Be prepared to advocate for the Pupils right to outstanding educational experiences.
– Understand the Education, Health and Care plans and how they apply to the learning and development of each pupil.
– Experience with learning disabled children or young adults
– Interest in and empathy with children or young adults with learning disabilities
– Openness/interest in Camphill Curative Education
– Team worker, also able to work independently
– Open to offering guidance and support for personal care
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 0117 314 3512, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 20th June 2018