- Location: Swindon - South West
- Job Type: Full Time
- Sector: Support Work
- Job Ref: KK
- Salary: 10 ph
- Apply Now
New Directions are looking to recruit Mental Health Support Workers on a full time temporary contract to work with one of our clients in Swindon.
The service is a Mental Health Supported Housing service, there are 14 beds split between a 10 bedded house with shared facilities and 2, 2 bedroomed bungalows set back from the house with each sharing a bathroom and kitchen with 1 other person. The residents vary in age from 21 years old to a resident in their late 40’s.
The project is based on a need to provide a calm environment in which residents can recover from admissions to hospital and managing their mental health effectively.
Your role will involve working with service users to encourage independent living skills and appropriate support with the aim to prevent future mental health relapse and hospital admission.
The service is run in a holistic was on the 1-1 and group basis alongside the residents CPN which is a requirement to be referred to this service.
This is a full time 40 hour position, working shift patterns to ensure 24 hour cover. You will be required to work 2 weekends in 4. Shifts tend to be an early shift, late shift and sleep ins.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 0117 314 3512, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 20th June 2018