- Location: Newport
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Job Type: Full Time
- Sector: Children Services
- Category: Registered Children's Home Manager
- Salary: 30000
- Apply Now
Are you an experienced Nursery Manager? Are you passionate about supporting and guiding children in their early years? Our 0-3 childcare service had a close-knit team of staff who strive for excellence. As the deputy manager you will lead an existing team to deliver first-class childcare. You will play a pivotal role in the development of the children attending the nursery.
As a deputy manager you will be expected to:
- manage the the day to day running of the rooms within the nursery
- ensure the nursery is running as efficient as possible
- undertake other managerial duties including rotas, team meetings amongst other tasks
As well as the attractive £30k pa salary, you will also get additional benefits as an employee including
- 24 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Free on-site parking
- Continuing opportunities for job related training
As a potential candidate, you must meet the following criteria to be considered:
- Minimum L5 childcare qualification.
- Minimum 2 years childcare experience.
- Thorough knowledge of Minimum Standards / CIW / inspection process.
- Thorough knowledge of Birth To Three Matters, Foundation Phase and Playwork Principles, according to age group.
Find out more about the job and apply by contacting Gareth Ford on 02920 390 150 Option 1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV. Not for you, but you know the perfect person for the job? We offer £50 for every successful referral, call us to refer a friend.
The role of a Registered Manager
A registered manager is the person appointed by the provider to manage the regulated activity on their behalf, where the provider is not going to be in day-to-day charge of the regulated activities themselves.
This role is defined by the Care Standards Act 2000. Under this Act, the Registered Manager is responsible for the social care provision that he/she is managing.
Managers are responsible for the day-to-day provision of social care services. This means they support their staff and have a key role in ensuring the standard of care delivered is always high.
A first line manager’s role is to:
- manage the primary tasks and activities of the organisation;
- have a key role in determining whether standards of practice are being consistently maintained;
- support staff engaged in complex, personally demanding work and ensure that staff are continually developed in knowledge based practice.
Knowledge of service requirements and previous experience of working in a care or health setting is desired.
Must have NVQ L5 or equivalent, or be willing to work towards a relevant management qualification.
In Wales, Mandatory registration is required with the Care Council for;
- Domiciliary Care Managers;
- Residential Child Care Managers;
- Adult Care Home Managers.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 29th July 2021