- Location: Vale of Glamorgan
- Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Sector: Children Services
- Category: Nursery Nurse
- Job Ref: GF
- Salary: £10 per hour
- Apply Now
I have a client that are a small Nursery setting based in the Vale of Glamorgan that are currently recruiting for a Nursery Manager.
This is a rare opportunity for someone to undertake a management position without currently holding a level 5 qualification!
You must hold at least a LEVEL 3 CACHE/CCLD Qualification and have experience of childcare for at least 5 years and ideally experience of management/Deputy for 2 years.
- The days/hours will be discussed and agreed during interview, but we anticipate Monday to Friday 10am – 6pm.(37.5hrs per week)
- Salary – £10.00 per hour (roughly £19k per annum)
The setting holds a Maximum capacity of 18 children separated into three age appropriate rooms, which allows us the client provide each child with lots of care and attention. They are seeking to appoint a manager who has a very nurturing manner, as well as being able to provide a stimulating, creative, learning environment. The right candidate will need to have excellent orbitational skills as they will need to be able to manage work load due to not being supernumerary, and be a professional, supportive leader.
If you are a flexible, reliable and highly motivated individual, who has a wonderful way with children and staff, then please contact Gareth Ford on 02920390150 option 1 ASAP.
The role of a Registered Manager
A registered manager is the person appointed by the provider to manage the regulated activity on their behalf, where the provider is not going to be in day-to-day charge of the regulated activities themselves.
This role is defined by the Care Standards Act 2000. Under this Act, the Registered Manager is responsible for the social care provision that he/she is managing.
Managers are responsible for the day-to-day provision of social care services. This means they support their staff and have a key role in ensuring the standard of care delivered is always high.
A first line manager’s role is to:
- manage the primary tasks and activities of the organisation;
- have a key role in determining whether standards of practice are being consistently maintained;
- support staff engaged in complex, personally demanding work and ensure that staff are continually developed in knowledge based practice.
Knowledge of service requirements and previous experience of working in a care or health setting is desired.
Must have NVQ L5 or equivalent, or be willing to work towards a relevant management qualification.
In Wales, Mandatory registration is required with the Care Council for;
- Domiciliary Care Managers;
- Residential Child Care Managers;
- Adult Care Home Managers.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 17th September 2020