New Directions are looking for an unqualified nursery nurse who may be working toward their qualifications. Must have experience in working with young children in a similar environment.
The right person for this role:
• Must have experience within a similar environment
• Working with children ranging from 3 months – 5 years
• Has experience working with groups up to 40 children
• Able to work shifts ranging between 8.30am – 6pm
• Looking for an immediate start/ temporary work
This role will involve you working closely with the nursery nurses helping assist with daily activities. The Nursery has two large, bright playrooms equipped with bespoke furniture, toys and equipment to stimulate and encourage children’s overall development and also offers a large outdoor play area.
The role of a Nursery Nurse
A job working with children, whether in a nursery, play scheme or out of school club, is primarily a fun one. You will be helping children learn through play and you could be organising group activities or working with a child on a one-to-one basis.
- to provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the nursery;
- to give support to other staff in the nursery;
- to implement the daily routine within the nursery.
Nursery Nurses will need a Level 2 qualification in childcare or above. The Department for Education (DfE) has information on all approved childcare qualifications. http://www.education.gov.uk/eypqd/index.shtml
If you don’t have a Level 2 qualification, you can start out by working as a nursery assistant where you’ll be supervised by more experienced staff.
Day-to-day tasks may include:
- planning and supervising activities like arts and crafts, music and cooking;
- helping children to learn numeracy and language skills through games;
- taking children on outings;
- feeding and changing babies;
- observing children and making notes to write reports;
- making sure children are safe and well.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 0117 314 3512, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 5th April 2019