- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Child Care
- Job Ref: GF
- Salary: From £8.21 per hour
- Apply Now
Do you like Playdough? Sand? Pretending to be a Superhero? Are you an expert with a tambourine? Do you like the Gruffalo? What’s your favourite dinosaur?*
Do you mind being asked all these questions? If not, come and work for us as a Nursery Nurse. You’ll know that little ones are extremely inquisitive, so you won’t mind being asked a hundred questions at a hundred miles an hour. Hopefully you’ll also enjoy music, messy play and most importantly watching tiny humans develop and learn new skills.
As a Nursery Nurse working for New Directions Social Care you’ll receive:
- Flexibility to work the shifts that suit you
- Competitive rates of Pay
- Refer a friend scheme
- Access to free training courses
- Hold an NVQ Level 3 in Childcare (or equivalent)
- Have 12 months’ voluntary or 6 months’ paid experience in the Childcare sector
- Be committed to providing excellent care to children, including feeding, changing and making observations.
Apply now or contact us on 02920 390150 for more information
*Mine is a Triceratops
The role of a Nursery Nurse
A job working with children, whether in a nursery, play scheme or out of school club, is primarily a fun one. You will be helping children learn through play and you could be organising group activities or working with a child on a one-to-one basis.
- to provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the nursery;
- to give support to other staff in the nursery;
- to implement the daily routine within the nursery.
Nursery Nurses will need a Level 2 qualification in childcare or above. The Department for Education (DfE) has information on all approved childcare qualifications. http://www.education.gov.uk/eypqd/index.shtml
If you don’t have a Level 2 qualification, you can start out by working as a nursery assistant where you’ll be supervised by more experienced staff.
Day-to-day tasks may include:
- planning and supervising activities like arts and crafts, music and cooking;
- helping children to learn numeracy and language skills through games;
- taking children on outings;
- feeding and changing babies;
- observing children and making notes to write reports;
- making sure children are safe and well.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 31st October 2019