- Location: Swansea
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Adult Services
- Category: Adult Services, Adult Support Workers, Learning Disability Support Workers
- Job Ref: AM
- Salary: £8.72 - £9.50 per hour
- Apply Now
We are recruiting for experienced PBM support workers to work in several services throughout Swansea and NPT area. We are looking for warm, positive, person centred people who are committed and able to demonstrate compassion and empathy while supporting people with a variety of learning disabilities.
You will be supporting service users with learning disabilities in a challenging but fun environment. The right person will have experience of person centred, autism specific approaches to support individuals in their activities of choice.
Should you display the correct values, you will be supported by a program of continuous training and development.
To be considered for this role it is essential that you are PBM trained (Positive Behaviour Management). If you would like to apply for this role or find out further information, please contact 01792620190.
The role of a Support Worker
The duties of a Support Worker vary depending on the needs and wishes of the individual. They offer support for the individuals overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. They will support individuals with many aspects of everyday living; including physical, emotional and social.
Support Workers can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is often developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person who needs care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620190, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 17th July 2020