- Location: Denbighshire
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Duration: Bank/Temp to Perm
- Job Type: Full Time, Permanent, Temporary
- Sector: Children Services
- Category: Children Residential Support Worker
- Job Ref: Qualified-Denbighshire
- Salary: 10.00
- Apply Now
Are you an experienced holistic children’s residential support worker? Are you passionate about supporting children with challenging behavior and additional needs and looking for a new challenge?
Have you just gained your Level 3 Health and Social Care Qualification with children and looking for a new opportunity?
New Directions are currently looking for Qualified Children’s Residential Support Worker to work for a lovely, child focused Denbighshire based Care and Education company who provide the best care and support for young people within a residential setting. Set in the rural areas of Denbighshire this company are very child focused treating every young person as an individual and value there staff very highly!
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, resilient, motivated individual who is passionate about working with children and wants to make a difference to the lives of young people. You will need to be committed, able to communicate effectively and clearly, encourage and mentor the young people whilst having a lot of fun as you will be paid to go to do activities with the young people such as football, cinema, theme parks, shopping, bowling.
As a support worker within a residential service, you will be driven to provide holistic & ongoing support and care for young people with complex needs, challenging and emotional behaviour whilst encouraging independence and supporting their development pathway through individual health care plans.
Working as a Support Worker in our purpose-built settings, you will:
- build strong relationships with the young people you support
- deliver high standards of care in line with individual and person-centred care plans
- work with young people to develop and encourage independence where suitable
- Provide a holistic approach to the young people within your care
In order to be considered for this amazing opportunity to support children with complex needs and challenging behaviour you will need to:
- Be committed and passionate about supporting children in a residential setting
- Be able to commit to any of the following shift patterns – 2 on 4 off, starting 8am and finishing 8pm with up to 10 sleep ins per month.
- Be able to undertake an enhanced DBS check
- Must hold Level 3 Health and Social Care (Children)
- Understand you will be working on a rota and therefore weekend work is expected.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 19th August 2021