- Location: Cardiff
- Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Sector: Children Services
- Category: Children Services, Nursery Nurse, Nursery Nurse Assistant
- Apply Now
We are currently recruiting for an experienced and qualified nursery manager for a long term childcare client of ours in the heart of Cardiff.
This large nursery setting is based in the center of Cardiff and supports many key workers children as well as others.
With an attractive salary and great benefits this could be a great opportunity for a someone who is currently looking for a change of job or someone that is currently out of work and looking to get back into work.
- Manage the operation of the Day Care Centre, planning, organizing and delegating work, monitoring progress and intervening as required
- To develop, improve and monitor the standards of the Centre and ………
- To initiate ways/means of growing the business and make recommendations for any changes that would increase profitability and benefit the organization
- Ensure that the operation of the Centre is in accordance with the requirements of CIW (Care Inspectorate Wales), Children’s Act and any other Government regulations affecting the care of children
- Initiate the recruitment and selection of new staff as appropriate
- Supervise staff in the Centre and to ensure, in consultation with Section Leaders, that a comprehensive programme for the development of the children is implemented in each section
- Liaise with external bodies, university colleagues and parents as required
- Arrange a programme of staff training, finding relevant training sessions for internal training days and relevant training for staff outside of the Centre.
- Arrange open evenings for parents.
- Undertake the training of others in areas relating to the team’s work
- Manage the performance, induction and development of the team
- Support and guide team members in welfare issues, escalating as necessary to specialist support areas
- Ensure the delivery of the team’s service level agreements, adapting these according to changes in workload and customer requirements
- Maintain the implementation of all policies and procedures relating to COVID-19 that are in place
- Making sure all Health and Safety regulations, policies and procedures are followed at all times
- Monitor and manage the annual budgets purchasing items within the set budgets
- Use the Management software for all areas of Day Care including children’s data, occupancy reports, invoices and all aspects of the software
- Make recommendations for developments of established processes and procedures
- Undergo personal and professional development that is appropriate to and which will enhance performance
- Gather and analyse data to inform decisions, establishing basic trends and patterns in data and creating reports as appropriate
- To liaise with other University divisions and departments as required to ensure the efficient operation of the Centre
- Advise Senior Management on changes in policies and procedures to keep up to date with legislation
- Prepare staffing schedules at least 6 weeks in advance with shift patterns for each room depending on numbers with correct ratio of staff.
- Ensure that an understanding of the importance of confidentiality is applied when undertaking all duties
- Abide by University policies on Health and Safety and Equality and Diversity
- Perform other duties occasionally which are not included above, but which will be consistent with the role
Qualifications and Education
- Degree/NVQ 4/NVQ 5 or equivalent in Advanced Childcare and Management.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience in managing in the childcare sector
- Substantial experience of managing a team
- Understanding of CIW regulations in operating and running a full Day Care Centre
- Specialist knowledge of appropriate administrative systems and processes
- Proven experience in developing new processes and procedures
- Understand fully developmental stages from 0 – 5 years
Customer Service, Communication and Team Working
- Ability to communicate detailed and complex information effectively and professionally to relevant people
- Proven ability to develop networks in order to contribute to long term developments
- Experience of dealing with performance and welfare issues
- Evidence of ability to explore parents’ needs and adapt the service accordingly to ensure a quality service is delivered.
Planning, Analysis and Problem solving
- Evidence of ability to solve problems using initiative and creativity; using detailed understanding of methodologies to select the right approach
- Evidence of ability to plan the work of a team, over extended time periods, reacting to changes in workload and priority
If interested in this role and you believe you have the relevant qualifications and experience, please get in touch with Gareth Ford on 02920390150 option 1 asap.
*the client are aiming to have this vacancy filled by the end of January.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 6th January 2021