- Location: Blaenau Gwent
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time, Permanent, Temporary
- Category: Child Disability Support Worker, Children Residential Support Worker, Children Services, Children's Support Worker, Registered Children's Home Manager, Senior Residential Support Worker, Support Worker, Therapeutic Support Worker
- Apply Now
Qualified & Non-qualified Residential Support Workers wanted!
New Directions are currently recruiting for qualified and non-qualified residential Support workers to work in children’s homes across South Wales. Area’s that we have active clients that we support include Cardiff , RCT , Merthyr , Newport, Caerphilly , Torfaen , Blaenau Gwent & more.
This is a fantastic opportunity for qualified staff that have previous experience working with young people that are looking for a fresh start within the sector.
We have permanent vacancies for those looking for a new permanent option or you can register with us for temporary adhoc work which gives you the opportunity to work in various settings to your availability.
The childrens home’s we generally deal with provide support to children between the ages of 8 and 18. Our clients work towards providing young people with the greatest opportunity to grow intellectually and morally within an environment which is safe and nurturing. Most of these children have had challenging times in the early years of there lives and many of them do have emotional & behavioural disorders.
Candidates applying will Ideally (Not essential) hold a QCF Level 3 Children & Young people in Health & social care and be registered with social care Wales.
Pay rates: National Living Wage – £10.50 per hour (dependent on experience and qualifications)
Must ideally have experience in the following;
- Emotional & Behavioural Difficulties
- Complex Needs
- Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities
- Challenging Behaviours
- Asperger Syndrome
Duties will include;
- Supporting the development of the children and Young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the service user, reporting any safeguarding issues.
- To promote the independence of all Children and Young people in your care.
- To provide assessment and care to a high standard – meeting physical, behavioural and emotional needs.
- To fully participate and support young people during outdoor education activities.
- Liaise with other professionals including teachers, parents and carers.
The recruitment process to register with us is very slick and straight forward , you just need a minimum of 3 months relevant experience that we can reference.
Please contact Gareth Ford on 02920390150 option 1 ASAP to discuss what roles we currently have available and to start the registration process.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 5th March 2021