- Location: Cardiff
- Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Sector: Children Services
- Category: Registered Children's Home Manager
- Job Ref: GF
- Salary: £40,000 per year
- Apply Now
Registered Manager (Children & Young People)
Location: Cardiff, South Wales
Permanent – Full Time permanent Position
Salary – £40k pa (+Excellent benefits package)
New directions have supported one of the largest providers of childcare in the UK whose settings hold more than 87% of the services rated ‘good’ or ‘outstanding’ by OFSTED for many years now.
We’re now looking to support the client with the recruitment of a recognised and established Registered Manager to manage a ‘Brand New’ setting that is soon to be opened based in Cardiff.
With a basic salary of up to £40,000.00, and a generous bonus scheme, you will have the opportunity to earn a very healthy wage.
*You will have the chance to build and employ the staff team that you want with this great opportunity!
You will be responsible for the provision of leadership, direction and management of the residential children’s service, to achieve the highest levels of performance to meet and exceed our client’s high-quality standards, resulting in unmatched levels of support provided to the young people within our care.
You must hold a UK Driving License and have access to your own vehicle which can be used for business purposes.
You must hold Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care Services (Children and Young People’s Residential Management) qualification. There are further opportunities for personal and professional development through the access to the private development programmes that the client provides to their staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
You will be responsible for delivering childcare that is focussed on obtaining the best outcomes for each child and young person within the home. Consequently, you are expected to demonstrate practical leadership in childcare, as well as organise and support staff to provide the best possible care for each child and young person. This involves being personally available, as well as the supervision and mentoring of staff, organisation of work patterns, and facilitation of care focussed training, and accessing of appropriate services to support the childcare practices within the home.
Skills & Experience (Essential)
- Significant experience of working in a residential childcare setting
- Clear understanding of the Ofsted regulatory framework
- A commitment to delivering high quality care
- In-depth knowledge of EBD, SEMH and other complex/challenging behaviours
- Hold a current UK Driving License with access to a vehicle which can be used for business purposes.
Rewards & Benefits
- Salary of £40,000.00 pa
- Generous Bonus Scheme
- 33 Days Annual Leave Entitlement (inc. Bank Holidays)
- Matched company pension contribution
- Company Sick Pay
- Access to Benefits Package (Retail, Leisure, Entertainment Discounts, Access to Employee Assistance Program, Health & Eye Care)
- On-site parking
- Bonus scheme
- Company pension
- Employee discounts
The role of a Registered Manager
A registered manager is the person appointed by the provider to manage the regulated activity on their behalf, where the provider is not going to be in day-to-day charge of the regulated activities themselves.
This role is defined by the Care Standards Act 2000. Under this Act, the Registered Manager is responsible for the social care provision that he/she is managing.
Managers are responsible for the day-to-day provision of social care services. This means they support their staff and have a key role in ensuring the standard of care delivered is always high.
A first line manager’s role is to:
- manage the primary tasks and activities of the organisation;
- have a key role in determining whether standards of practice are being consistently maintained;
- support staff engaged in complex, personally demanding work and ensure that staff are continually developed in knowledge based practice.
Knowledge of service requirements and previous experience of working in a care or health setting is desired.
Must have NVQ L5 or equivalent, or be willing to work towards a relevant management qualification.
In Wales, Mandatory registration is required with the Care Council for;
- Domiciliary Care Managers;
- Residential Child Care Managers;
- Adult Care Home Managers.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 23rd July 2020