- Location: Mid Wales
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Children Services
- Category: Children Residential Support Worker, Children Services, Children's Support Worker
- Apply Now
Are you a support worker seeking a new opportunity? Do you have recent experience within a residential and education setting?
Are you as passionate about helping others as we are?
New Directions are looking for reliable and trustworthy support workers to cover a residential children’s home in Brecon. Hours are a mixture of earlies and afternoons. The client can be flexible, depending on candidate availability. Opportunity for long term placement.
The role: Residential Support Worker
Pay scales: Days £10.00/ Nights £11.00
Set close to Brecon town centre, we are looking for enthusiastic and compassionate individuals to help develop the potential of young people within the service. You will be passionate about making real changes in the lives of the young people, by using positive role modelling, play and support with education.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provide high quality support and care
- Promote independence by supporting young people with a range of educational, social, and worked based activities
- Support young to attend education and engage within lessons to make them fun and stimulating
- Work with families and allied agencies to ensure a person-centred approach to support
- Use a range of communication methods to assist young people to make positive choices
- Maintaining accurate records of progress and activities
- Ensuring high standards of safeguarding, always
- Excellent communication skills
- A basic understanding of legislative requirements.
- Compassion and empathy
- Excellent team player
- Ability to understand and follow policies and procedures.
- Enthusiasm to promote independence
- Ability to work flexibly
- Registered with the Care Council of Wales
If you’d like to have an informal chat about this position then please call Rob on 02920 390 150 (option 1) Alternatively you can submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will be in contact with you should you meet the above requirements.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 26th October 2021